Saturday, May 2, 2009

Like Mother, Like Son

"Motherhood" - Acrylic

Art runs in my blood. Well, at least my son who shares my blood is also very artistic. If you know me, you know my punkin. This piece was created while he was still in the womb. The first piece in a very long time. Now, at the tender age of 3.5, he's got more handle on pastels and a paint brush most adults do. He is able to say in one stroke what would take 50 of mine to convey. It only stands to reason that his birth was the catalyst to awaken the creative spirit that had gone dormant for me. There were three critical births in 2005. My son. MzAcire handcrafted tote bags (WFAA Metro feature here: http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/wfaa/localnews/news8/stories/wfaa060217_lj_mom.38111d5a.html ). Lastly, a total epiphany to the strength and power within to change life's course (with God's grace of course).

"The Water with the Ducks"- Finger paint




No comments:

Post a Comment